Did you know it takes around 225 hours of volunteering per week to keep the Birmingham Buddhist Centre running as well as it does? That’s equivalent to another six full-time team members!
Giving our time can make a very real difference – to ourselves and to other people coming to the Buddhist Centre. Every activity helps to communicate the Buddha’s teaching and create a more supportive context for Buddhist practice. It also offers the chance to develop and deepen friendships with others through working as part of a team.
We have volunteering opportunities to suit all temperaments and availability. It needn’t take a lot of time and we can show you how to do most of the things that need doing.
If you would like to talk about how you can help, get in touch with email@example.com, or call the Buddhist Centre on 0121 449 5279.
Some examples of how you might help:
Media and Publicity
- Sharing, reviewing and interacting with us on social media
- Sharing introductory courses
- Helping us with creating/editing/uploading YouTube videos
- Taking photographs at events
- Washing (towels, blankets, etc.)
- Gardening (e.g. mowing the lawn)
- Maintenance – plumbers, electricians, decorators, general DIY
- Creating and maintaining shrines
Support for events
- Welcoming team and setting up for certain events
- Cooking for small events at the Buddhist Centre, and baking cakes
Keeping things running
- Helping to run the Centre Library
- Helping to run the Centre Bookshop
If you have 10 seconds…
Share details of an introductory course to your Facebook/Instagram page
If you have 10 minutes…
Talk to a friend about the Buddhist Centre
If you have an hour…
Meet up with someone in the Sangha for a Cup of tea
If you have an hour a week or a few hours a month…
Create and maintain shrines or join the gleam team
If you have a day a month…
Help to run the Centre Library