Now that there are far fewer mandatory rules for Covid safety, we have been thinking about how best to create a relaxing space where we can connect with each other but still minimise the risks. We all need to be aware of our own and everyone else’s needs. And some will feel cautious about returning to the Buddhist Centre, so we will be retaining an online option for some events (which we will advertise when available).
Therefore, for the time being:
- You need to book online for every event you want to come to – places are limited so we can keep our distance. You’ll be asked for contact details – to be kept for a few weeks so we can contact you if someone at your class develops COVID-19.
- Please do not attend a class if you have not booked a place.
- Do not attend an event (even if you’ve booked) if you have Covid symptoms or you’ve been in contact with someone who has the symptoms.
- Stay 2 metres from others at all times wherever possible.
- Increase hand hygiene by using the sanitiser provided on entry to the building.
- Wear a face covering (unless you are exempt from doing so) when entering and leaving, and while you are moving around the building (including the toilets). If you can bring your own that will save our resources. You may also wear a face covering when seated, if you wish.
- Events will be in our larger, more airy, rooms, set up with mat, chair and cushion in each place, 2 metres apart where possible. We’ll be opening doors and windows to improve ventilation where we can.
- We will not be having tea breaks for shorter events. When we can, we’ll be serving drinks already poured to avoid crowding round the tea bar. So please bring bottled drinks if you want to, and use the garden where possible for breaks. Where events span the lunch break, please bring your own lunch so we can all stay distanced.
- Toilets will be open for use. Use the hand sanitiser provided on entry to the toilets and wash your hands after using the toilets. Paper towels are provided.
- Please arrive between 15 and 5 minutes before the class – and go straight into your room on arrival.
- If you start to feel unwell, please go home immediately (as long as you are able to travel).
- Please let us know if you become ill with Covid during or after a class, so we can notify people you may have come into contact with.
- Our classes continue to run on a donation basis. To reduce contact with cash please consider making a donation online.
- The Library and Bookshop are now open.